If you are interested admitting your child to Hempstead Infant School, please contact the office to enquire about available spaces.
Places in Reception at the start of the academic year
If you are a Medway resident (i.e. pay your Council Tax to Medway), then you must apply for Foundation Stage places starting in September through Medway Council. If you live outside Medway you will need to contact your home local authority (LA). The Student Services Department is happy to offer you advice on how to apply for school places for your child and any further information you require. Please contact the Student Services Operations Team on 01634 331155 or visit www.medway.gov.uk selecting School and Colleges.
Reception Class intake for September 2021
The process for applications will start in September 2020. We will be holding weekly Open Mornings from October through to December for those interested in applying for a place for September 2021. Dates for Open Mornings can be found here.
Important dates for Reception Class intake September 2021
- Primary school applications open: 9am on Monday 7 September 2020: applications open at www.medway.gov.uk
- Primary school applications close (national closing date): 5pm on Friday 15 January 2021
- Offers sent to parents and carers (national offer date): 16 April 2021
- Places must be accepted or refused by Friday 14 May 2021
- Requests to go on a waiting list and appeals must be submitted by Friday 14 May 2021
- Re-allocation of empty places begins on Monday 7 June 2021
- Re-allocation of empty places ends on Friday 31 December 2021
Casual 'in-year' applications for all year groups
In-year (casual) admissions are processed by the school. The school will be happy to let you know about spaces and potential visits to see the school. If the school notifies you that there is no space available due to year groups being full, parents/ carers do have the legal right to appeal through Medway Council.
Click here for Medway Council's casual in-year admissions form. This MUST be completed if a place is being applied for and forwarded to the school office for processing.